Family Planning International was established in 1996 as a unit within New Zealand Family Planning. We were established in order to further the 1994 Programme of Action of the International Conference on Population and Development.
Family Planning International promotes a positive view of sexuality. We work to support people to make informed choices about their sexual and reproductive health. Our work contributes to creating a world where all people can realise their sexual and reproductive rights.
Family Planning International is very appreciative of the funding we have received from a range of organisations for its advocacy, research and project activities, including:
- The David and Lucile Packard Foundation
- The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation
- The New Zealand Aid Programme
- Population Action International
- The Asia Pacific Alliance for Sexual and Reproductive Health
- The Secretariat for the Pacific Community
- The International Planned Parenthood Federation
- Sexual Health
- Family Planning Australia
- The Burnet Institute
Individual supporters like you are our biggest strength. Your contributions go a long way to supporting the choices of people in developing countries, particularly in the Pacific.