Family Planning International works with stakeholders and partner organisations to implement projects which aim to improve access to sexual and reproductive health information and services.
To achieve successful outcomes, we rely on the knowledge, expertise and insights of partner organisations and people living in the communities we work with.
The funding for these projects comes from various regional organisations such as Sexual Health and Family Planning Australia, International Planned Parenthood Federation, New Zealand Aid Programme, Secretariat for the Pacific Community and the Asia Pacific Alliance for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights.
Some of the issues we have worked on include:
- HIV and AIDS;
- environmental sustainability;
- male involvement in sexual and reproductive health;
- empowerment of young women and girls
In general, we take a capacity-strengthening approach, working to reinforce strengths that stakeholders and partners have, as well as support them in addressing challenges that they face.
- We work in Solomon Islands with Solomon Islands Planned Parenthood Association on the island of Malaita providing clinical and education HIV and STI services to men and boys. Read more here.
- We work in Solomon Islands with Solomon Islands Planned Parenthood Association and the YWCA, to provide young women with livelihood and life skills education, including education on sexual and reproductive health. Read more here.
- We work in Kiribati with Kiribati Family Health Association to improve the sexual and reproductive health and rights of I-Kiribati living in South Tarawa. Read more here.